Kursa mērķis ir gūt ieskatu datu zinātnieka darbībā, izmantojot biznesa inteliģences funkcijas, iegūt zināšanas par lielu datu analīzi un datu vizualizēšanu, lai veiktu uz datu analīzi pamatotu lēmumu pieņemšanu.
- Skolotājs: Raita Rollande
Thinking and writing critically and creatively in and for business
(Kritiskā un radošā domāšana un rakstīšana profesionāliem mērķiem)
Author Ms Ieva Vizule, lecturer, Master of Arts
(ECTS credit points) 2 credit points (3 ECTS), two classes every other week
Form of evaluation Test
Prerequisites good English language knowledge, at least a second year student
Course group Elective, maximum 30 students
From text comprehension to text creation for a specific purpose and specific target audience in business environment: building on the previously acquired general knowledge and mastery of English to (a) enhance student skill to critically perceive and fully understand written and/or spoken information in different texts and in different media; (b) develop their skill to think critically and creatively, as well as their ability to (c) present their thoughts in various written and spoken texts in English for business.
Learning outcomes. The student:
- has a good understanding of critical and creative thinking and writing in and for business;
- is able to differentiate among different text genres (relevant for business environment) and understands their specifics;
- has a good understanding of the role of the target audience and is able to adapt their spoken and written texts to the needs and knowledge of a specific target audience;
- is able to select relevant information sources and materials (including theoretical) and analyse and process them, demonstrating individual learning skills;
- is able to present their ideas in written and oral texts in English in a logical, cohesive, well-structured, reader-friendly, convincing (where appropriate) and creative manner (e.g., tweets, texts in social networks, blogs, analytical writing, press releases, digital marketing texts, and others);
- demonstrates appropriate referencing skills (where appropriate);
- is able to reflectively and critically assess their own work as well as that of their colleagues, demonstrates good text revising skills;
- is able to use different available sources for developing their knowledge and upgrading their individual skills (both text creation and English).
- Skolotājs: Vizule Ieva
Izkopt studentu krievu valodas prasmes un iemaņas komunikācijai sadzīves un biznesa vidē.
Studiju kursa saturs
1. Iepazīšanās un iepazīstināšana. Alfabēts.
2. Mana ģimene. Profesijas. Hobiji. Skaitļi. Gadalaiki.
3. Valodas un valstis. Vietniekvārdi.
4. Tagadne. Darbības vārds. Sports.
5. Vizītkartes (darba vieta, darbības virziens, profesija, ieņemamais amats u. tml.). Pārbaudes darbs.
6. Apģērbs. Iepirkšanās. Īpašības vārdi.
7. ēdieni. Ēdienu pasūtīšana. Prezentācija.
8. Transports. Ceļojums. Viesnīcā.
9. Mana pilsēta un valsts. Teksta veidošana.
10. Klimats, laiks. Dzimšanas dienas. Svētki. Prezentācija.
11. Pirmā iespaida nozīme (ārējais izskats u.tml.). Pārbaudes darbs.
13. Sadzīviskas sarunas pa telefonu. Jautājumi un atbildes.
14. Nākotne. Tehnika, izgudrojumi, zinātne.
15. CV. Biogrāfija. Prezentācija.
16. Kursa apkopojums, diskusija. Pārbaudes darbs.
- Skolotājs: Malašonoka Nataļja
INTRODUCTION TO CULTURAL STUDIES
(lecturer: Rafael Martín calvo)
Cultural Studies investigates the ways in which "culture” creates and transforms individual experiences, everyday life, social relations and power. In this course, we will explore different sides of our culture at large:
-how cultural ideas, objects and actions are created, and how they interact and arrange the way we percieve our own world (and that of others)
-how our everyday actions (and non-actions) have a wide-ranging set of meanings
-how the different elements of reality can be coded and read as "text”
-how ideas create products and these, in return, affect behaviour
-what sort of relations are established among different categories of people, objects, ideas, etc.
The course requires active participation from the students, as it is based on in-class discussion of the proposed audio-visual materials, and team work. Attendance is mandatory. In addition to class participation, each student will be required to prepare a research paper or multimedia presentation on a particular topic, due at the end of the semester.
CULTURAL STUDIES: overview of topics
1. The concept of Culture
2. Discourse: culture, power and inequality
3. Binary opposites
4. Representation and visibility
5. The grounds of inequality
1)Race and ethnicity
3)Physical and/or intellectual difference
6. The body as site of culture
7. The media and the culture industry
8. Ways of empowerment
- Skolotājs: MARTIN CALVO RAFAEL
This course surveys the development of Spanish culture and civilization from pre-Roman times to the present, focusing on history, geography, art, politics, current social issues, etc. Specifically, the course will examine the cultural threads of distinct identities that have been woven throughout history to influence the character of contemporary Spanish society.
- Skolotājs: MARTIN CALVO RAFAEL